Welcome To Our Website
It was established in the year 1921 to commemorate the visit of His Royal
Highness, the Prince of Wales to Lucknow and was known as “The Prince
of Wales Zoological Gardens”. Its name was changed to “Lucknow Prani
Udyan” in 2001. Again, its name is changed to “Nawab Wazid Ali Shah
Prani Udyan, Lucknow” in 2015. It is situated in 29 hectares area in heart
of the city. It houses around 1000 animals of more than 100 species.
Around 11-12 lacs visitor visits zoo every year.