An animal adoption scheme has been launched in the Lucknow Zoo. It is foremost, a great way to show anybodies firm commitment to wildlife conservation by supporting the attempts of Lucknow Zoo. It is a scheme wherein one can choose an animal; contribute the expenses required for its food and upkeep for a certain period of time, thereby “adopting” it. The adoption cost for a particular animal is prepared based on the diet schedule of the particular animal and the approved rate of the items procured for its feeding including a tentative amount that might require for its regular vaccination and treatment.
The salient features of the scheme are:
- 1. Animal adoption in Lucknow Zoo implies bearing the expenditure only for feeding and healthcare of any animal of Lucknow Zoo.
- 2.Any bonafied individual/ organization can adopt an animal of Lucknow Zoo.
- 3. The Zoo authority reserves the right to accept or reject the proposal of any individual/organization for adopting an animal in the Zoo without assigning reason thereof.
- 4. The adopter shall have to adopt the animal for a minimum period of one year.
- 5.The adopter shall bear the entire costs for feeding the animal and health care of the animal as decided by the Zoo authority during the adoption period
- 6.The Zoo Authority will prepare the cost for adoption of a particular animal for a specificperiod that will not be less than one year
- 7.The adopter shall have to contribute the amount that will be required for adopting the animal before the period of adoption.
- 8.The name of the adopter will be displayed with his consent in the enclosure where the adopted animal is exhibited.
- 9.The adopter shall have to abide by the terms and conditions as laid down by the Lucknow
Zoo authority time to time and law in force.
- 10.In case of sudden death/disposal/exchange of the animal the adopter shall have an option to adopt other animal for the remaining period after having discussion with the Lucknow Zoo Authority